Canon Collins Trust acts as a nominating agency for Commonwealth Scholarships. We annually nominate 14 individuals for fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s or PhD study at any UK university. In 2019 scholarships are offered under six development themes and all candidates must apply under one of these themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
Are you eligible?
To apply for this scholarship through Canon Collins Trust you must:
- Be a national of, or have refugee status, and be permanently resident in one of the following countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be applying for a full-time masters at a UK university
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format. Applications with any outstanding documents or reference letters will not be considered!
For full eligibility criteria please see the Commonwealth Master’s scholarships terms and conditions
How to apply
This scholarship is now closed.